Friday, 3 June 2011

The unfortunate things in life.


Becca: the female furthest right.


What's unfortunate about this scene isn't the fact that my outfit is absolutely hideous (although I'm pretty sure I thought it looked rather nice at the time), but rather that fact that I was once the tallest of all my cousins and siblings.


And now... I am the smallest.
(Well, aside from my 3 and 4 year old sisters not present in this picture, I mean... that would just be strange...)

I'm not quite sure how, or when, it happened. But I am well aware of it now.
Even my sister*, who is three years younger than me, is half an inch taller!

*the beauty in the front row in the lovely lilac trousers



I don't necessarily mind being 5 foot 4 (I personally think that's rather tall), however, it does feel a little bit like they're all leaving me behind with all this 'growing' business! And now I have reached the ripe old age of 20, I don't think I can ever catch up...


All I can say is,

thank God for heels
because although all the best things do come in small packages, sometimes it is nice to go out feeling like a supermodel...

No comments:

Post a Comment