Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.



The title of this post is a quote from John Lennon.
Yes, the same guy who claimed that all you need is love.
Which clearly isn't true. I also need these shoes.




As a 20 year old girl from Essex, clearly when I think about reality, one of the first things that comes to mine is reality tv

The best show. Ever. 

I own all five series on DVD. 
I have watched them all at least five times. 
And I still love it. 





Although it is 'reality', most of it is set up. 

I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing. It wouldn't be as funny otherwise.
Besides, most reality shows are partially scripted (or they would probably resemble one of those plays you perform in Year 8 drama lessons).


It is one of the most hilarious things I have ever watched and regularly cheers me up.
Although I may not have convinced some of the boys I lived with in halls last year to openly admit to liking the show, they can't deny that they sat through 3 hours of Nicole and Paris. 
Fact.



Now, I know I am not someone who usually has the most ideal role models for guidance in life (see here), but this time I think Nicole Richie is pretty solid inspiration
She has a fashion line with jewellery and handbags. She has written two novels. She was in Chuck. She has children. And she does charity work.
So she might have battled with drugs and an eating disorder. But I think that is pretty normal, especially for someone famous since childhood. 





Ok, so no, there isn't really much point to this post (we were all thinking it), but I hope it might persuade you somewhat to watch an episode or 12 of The Simple Life
Failing that, I hope I might have convinced you that for once, I have a decent role model in life.

1 comment:

  1. Haha perfect. I like how you managed to get close-up shots of Nicole at work, as though you are her personal assistant or public relations person. And I totally agree that it is one of the best shows around. Well done. Well done.

    ReplyDelete